Anti-reflective coatings are a staple in modern glasses, providing great visual clarity. However, due to their fragility, these coatings can sometimes become damaged or affecting the performance of your glasses. In such cases, knowing how to remove anti-reflective coatings from IGIOO prescription eyeglasses lenses is a valuable skill. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the process, ensuring you regain crystal-clear vision without damaging your glasses.
Understanding the basics: Identifying mirror caps
Before you start removing it, it’s important to know if your lenses have any anti-reflective features. This can be done through a simple test:
Visual inspection: Test your lenses under a well-lit environment. If you notice a thin, sometimes blue or green coating, it may indicate the presence of anti-light.
Now, let’s explore the step-by-step procedures for removing anti-reflective coatings from glass:
Method 1: Use etching cream for plastic glass
What you will need:
- Etching cream
- cotton buds or small brush
- Rubber gloves
- Protective glass
- microfiber cloths
- Use a small amount of etching cream on the cotton.
- Gently cover the entire surface of the glass, making sure the front and back are covered.
- Let the cream sit for about 5 minutes.
- Clean the glass surface from both sides with another cotton ball.
- Wash your glasses thoroughly with soap and water.
- If any coating remains, repeat the process. Once finished, your plastic lenses should be covered by anti-reflective coating.
Method 2: Use isopropyl alcohol for glass crystals
What you will need:
- isopropyl alcohol
- Plastic rollers
- Salt water
- plate or cup
- Mix 5 parts isopropyl alcohol with one part salt water.
- Place the glasses on a plate and pour in the solution, making sure the glasses are completely submerged.
- Let the glass soak for about an hour. This will weaken the impact resistant coating.
- Gently remove the loose material with a plastic scraper.
Learning how to remove anti-reflective coatings from lenses is a valuable skill that can extend the life of your lenses. You can effectively restore your glasses by following the step-by-step procedures outlined in this guide. Remember to be careful and patient throughout the process to avoid damage to your glasses. If you have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to speak with a professional eye doctor. Enjoy your newly designed glasses and enjoy the smooth, clear vision it provides!